H1 Stamping with DUI

iwantgreencar

Hi All,

At last i took the tuff decision.

3 years back i was so immature and ended up in a DUI on a halo ween night Oct 31st 2010. I feel so bad that i decided to drive that night.

After the incident , i rarely even drink now.

I some how managed all this time not having a visa stamping.i visited India twice after the incident , both times i had an active Visa thereby avoided stamping .

Got married couple of years back and now have a baby also. 

I have got my appointment on Jan 6th and 7th.

I am travelling on Dec 31 st and will be in India on 2nd. My ticket is booked for Feb1 to fly back.

My Wife and Kid would be reaching India on Jan 16. She also needs to get her stamping on 21st and 22nd. 

I know that i will most likely be sent for medical evaluation. I hope and pray we can travel back together on Feb1.

Guys : Never Drink and Drive. Its not worth it at all.

Please let me know if anyone has gone though the situation recently and went for stamping through the new 2 day visa process.

Any body knows which Hospital will do the medical evaluation ? i am thinking of getting an appoinment on jan 7th coz i know they will ask me to take it on Jan 7 during the interview and i dont have any time to wait.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

as expected my case went into 220G

First appoinment - Figerprinting . There was no surprises.

colsulate Interview on 7th Jan 2014 . I was given back the passport along with 220G slip along with another paper asking to take the medical and psycological test.

The medical and psycological test done on the same day. the hospital will sent the reports directly 

to the consulate.

The passport along with I797 was submitted in one of the drop box locations on 9th Jan 2014.

Now the waiting starts... 

I hope things get cleared out in the next 3 weeks. I have flight booked on Feb 1 back to US.

Unfortunately even after 3 days i do not see my case 

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/chennai/724805/January%202014/adprocases20140109.pdf

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

as expected my case went into 220G

First appoinment - Figerprinting . There was no surprises.

colsulate Interview on 7th Jan 2014 . I was given back the passport along with 220G slip along with another paper asking to take the medical and psycological test.

The medical and psycological test done on the same day. the hospital will sent the reports directly 

to the consulate.

The passport along with I797 was submitted in one of the drop box locations on 9th Jan 2014.

Now the waiting starts... 

I hope things get cleared out in the next 3 weeks. I have flight booked on Feb 1 back to US.

Unfortunately even after 3 days i do not see my case 

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/chennai/724805/January%202014/adprocases20140109.pdf

Hi Did you get any update on your case. All the best. I have a question ..What happens with second H1B stamping with prior DUI. Mine is 5 years old, if i go for stamping in Chennai, what is the possibility of my case getting approved? I already went through panel physician when i got my stamping in 2009 december. I got my first dui in 2008 July. 

Thanks

Hi Did you get any update on your case. All the best. I have a question ..What happens with second H1B stamping with prior DUI. Mine is 5 years old, if i go for stamping in Chennai, what is the possibility of my case getting approved? I already went through panel physician when i got my stamping in 2009 december. I got my first dui in 2008 July. 

Thanks

Most likely second time Visa interview do not have to go through the tests, It is mostly in first time Visa after DUI.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Archived