My J1 waiver application

user2013

I have DS2019 that is going to expire on May 2014. I have Collected Attested copies from CGI, Houston on September 2013 and I curiered those 3 docs to MHRD, RPO kolkata & Writer's building on October 2013. I am still waiting for the NORI (atleast 2). Can you please tell me at this moment how long they can take to process to send NORI. And right now what process can I do? I am really in anxiety of getting that in right time before DS expires for further processes.

I have DS2019 that is going to expire on May 2014. I have Collected Attested copies from CGI, Houston on September 2013 and I curiered those 3 docs to MHRD, RPO kolkata & Writer's building on October 2013. I am still waiting for the NORI (atleast 2). Can you please tell me at this moment how long they can take to process to send NORI. And right now what process can I do? I am really in anxiety of getting that in right time before DS expires for further processes.

No one knows. You are looking at anytime from 2 months to a year to get a No Objection Certificate (NOC) from them. You can go to Department of State website and fill DS-3035 form.

• 2 weeks later...

This mainly depends on how much you influence the departments in India. Have your parents or relative or close friend to go there at regular intervals like every 10 days as you have less time. Once they are ready, get the photocopies and ask your relatives to send them to you as through fastest mail. If not, the departments will send them via ordinary post and it may take 20 days based on others answeres in this forum.Influence and Influence.....Most important right now for you.

Fill the DS 3035 form and have the third pary barcode page ready to send it with NORIs you are going to receive from India. Hope you can be successful. All the best.

Raj

@ user 2013 -   MHRD will send in speed post and your signature will be needed to collect the document while they sending it in speed post. I had a bad experience that I was not able to collect it from the post office on time and the document returned to India and I authorised one of my friend in Delhi to collect it in person. Once you have  documents from passport office and MHRD, apply to Houston consulate for the waiver and by the time send the DS 3035 and required documents to Department of State USA..

Archived