L1B filing/stamping assistance

LoanSurvivor

Hi I am currently on expired L1B Visa but working on I94 (Valid till Nov 2015). For some reasons I have to travel to India in next coming months. My organization is not ready for stamping (new L1B) in Canada where the decline rate is almost none and I am saying no to stamping in India where rejection is almost certain.

- Would it be possible to hire lawyer independently for new L1B petition and get it stamped from Canada?

- What kind of assistance is required from organization? 

Hi I am currently on expired L1B Visa but working on I94 (Valid till Nov 2015). For some reasons I have to travel to India in next coming months. My organization is not ready for stamping (new L1B) in Canada where the decline rate is almost none and I am saying no to stamping in India where rejection is almost certain.

- Would it be possible to hire lawyer independently for new L1B petition and get it stamped from Canada?

Why do you need an attorney? If you have all required documents you can go for stamping. But, make sure that if your L1B visa interview is not successful your company will support you.

Yes, a foreign national could hire a lawyer independently. However, the employer would still have to act as a sponsor for the petition (which essentially means the employer has to agree to sign the forms, even if they are not paying for the petition.)

Archived