L2 Visa and EAD extension concurrently

sarada.kothuru

Hi,

My husband L1 visa and my L2 visa are going to expire on March 2nd 2014.  His company is going to apply for visa extension. If they ask for any RFE it is going to take almost 6 months to complete the full process.

I am currently working on EAD . But my EAD is going to expire on March 1st 2014.

I have a valid I-94 upto March 2nd 2014.

So can I apply the EAD extension in parallel when my L2 visa extension is in process.

And if they cant be applied parllely,  how can I work during the 6 months period of visa extension process.

Thanks

Sarada

Hi,

My husband L1 visa and my L2 visa are going to expire on March 2nd 2014.  His company is going to apply for visa extension. If they ask for any RFE it is going to take almost 6 months to complete the full process.

I am currently working on EAD . But my EAD is going to expire on March 1st 2014.

I have a valid I-94 upto March 2nd 2014.

So can I apply the EAD extension in parallel when my L2 visa extension is in process.

And if they cant be applied parllely,  how can I work during the 6 months period of visa extension process.

Thanks

Sarada

I believe you cannot apply in parallel for L2 and EAD. For EAD renewal you need your spouse's extension approval notice along with your L2 extension's. It is better to apply for extension right away.

Archived