With the ongoing diplomatic fight between India & US is it safe to go for a VISA interview

pthoutam

Hello Friends,

My wife is going for a F1 visa interview, she was originally on H4 and applied for Change of status and approved. She had already finished half of her Masters. We came to India for stamping, with the ongoing situation, and Indian Govt revoking US embassy's priveleges and all other things, is it really OK to go for a visa interview.

Hello Friends,

My wife is going for a F1 visa interview, she was originally on H4 and applied for Change of status and approved. She had already finished half of her Masters. We came to India for stamping, with the ongoing situation, and Indian Govt revoking US embassy's priveleges and all other things, is it really OK to go for a visa interview.

If your wife is not involved in that specific diplomatic row she should be fine :)

The interview should not be an issue. The officiials at the US Department of State is not as petty as others.  If they were, the embassy would have been closed and all interviews cancelled and recently issued visas voided due to the Indian government's actions.

The Indian media is not properly reflecting what this woman did; don't ever lie to US immigration. The US police were following procedure to protect her, themselves and all of the others arrested from harm in the detention area. I would worry about the security barriers having been removed (really a bad move since the people most likely to be hurt in the event of an incident are Indians - so blame the Indian government if something bad happens).

If I were there, I would avoid the embassy and the crowds near it. If you have an interview scheduled, go and decide whether to attend after you assess the situation. It is likely that it will be fine.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived