OPT Extn Denied; Re entered States-

usa_siri

Hi Geeks,

My extension applied at Nebraska Service Center denied on the grounds of unemployment for more than 90 days. The denial was made against the regulation of SEVP.

However i provided all the documents and proof of employment, which i was employed with in 90 days from the initial start date.But no Luck..

I see that there are many cases like these. Murthy forum is fighting the case and trying to do the favor.

Since damage is already made. I re entered the sates with new sevis ID and joined in Masters Program.

I'm just curious to know what kind of outcome we can expect since the case is filled??? Its a Powerball question

Will USCIS reverse the decision and give us OPT back.  :)

What are the possibilities of positive results we can expect….

Readers if you are thinking any of the outcome that may expect please post here. Which will be more benefit for all us..

Thanks

usa_siri.

Hi, I'm also in same situation as you were, i got OPT extension RFE to submit pay history, as i did unpadi for 5 mothsn, i dont have pay stubs, though its legal to work unpaid interns, USCIS is rejecting Extensio. i dont know what type of documentation they are expecting for Unpaid internships.

1. will they look for roles and responsibilities of intern.

2. are they expecting extra documentation, apart from a employer's letter. 

Did you given a any grace period, when did you took admission for school, is that after denial. 

After denial i think sevis will be terminated right, in that situation what are the possibilities to get admission from school. Do we need to go out of country and re-enter if we wont grace period.

Please help me, waiting for your respone usa_siri. Thank you veryu Much 

Everything is legitimate, and my employment was under regulations of SEVP  program. So called, employment with in 90 days with the unpaid. Which is valid under SEVP program.

Thanks

It may be valid unver SEVP, but unpaid employment is generally not allowed under the LABOR LAWS.

The LABOR LAWS apply even to foreigners.

There is this little thing called minimum wage...

You need to comply with ALL laws!

Hi, I'm also in same situation as you were, i got OPT extension RFE to submit pay history, as i did unpadi for 5 mothsn, i dont have pay stubs, though its legal to work unpaid interns, USCIS is rejecting Extensio. i dont know what type of documentation they are expecting for Unpaid internships.

Even internships have to be paid.

Only shady companies who are looking for cheap labor don't pay.

A salary is required. There is something called Minimum Wage...

Hi Aditya,

During initial 90 days unemployment is considered. Since you exceeded the cap. You need to show the proof of employment like volunteer working and stuff like that, I did the  same but there is no luck. Try to consult attorney, Bcoz the case was filled for against the Nebraska Service Center. 

Hit me at email at '************** at yahoo.com

Archived