Client change while H1B Extention status is Pending and while Visa About to expire

agarwalanshul1987

Hi

I am currently working for employer A and working with one client X.  My visa/i94 is expiring on 31 dec 2013 and have filed for extension under normal processing on 6th december 2013 by my employer A.

It is appearing that my project with Client X under employer A is getting scrapped in next 2-3 months. I have below few concerns --

--> Can i continue to work with client X for employer A after my visa/i94 expiry?

--> if yes , after my visa/i94 expiry , if my project with client X gets scrapped. Can i work for new Client Y when the H1b Extention decision is still pending. 

Looking forward to quick response

Hi

I am currently working for employer A and working with one client X.  My visa/i94 is expiring on 31 dec 2013 and have filed for extension under normal processing on 6th december 2013 by my employer A.

It is appearing that my project with Client X under employer A is getting scrapped in next 2-3 months. I have below few concerns --

--> Can i continue to work with client X for employer A after my visa/i94 expiry?

--> if yes , after my visa/i94 expiry , if my project with client X gets scrapped. Can i work for new Client Y when the H1b Extention decision is still pending. 

Looking forward to quick response

1. Yes, as long as a decision for extension is pending with USCIS.

2. Employer needs to file an amendment and based on that you can work for client Y.

1. Yes, as long as a decision for extension is pending with USCIS.

2. Employer needs to file an amendment and based on that you can work for client Y.

Thanks a lot jairichi..

I have one more question --

--> My Visa is expiring on 12/31/2013 almost in 10 days.Meanwhile if  one of the consultant(Employer B) if ready to file for H1B transfer and that too in premium.Is it advisable to go for H1B transfer? What are pros and cons? Since my H1B extention has been filed by employer A under normal processing and my Visa would be expiring in 10 days, 

--> if yes, would it be done in a week? When is it good to work for the employer B ?

Looking forward to a quick response 

Thanks a lot jairichi..

I have one more question --

--> My Visa is expiring on 12/31/2013 almost in 10 days.Meanwhile if  one of the consultant(Employer B) if ready to file for H1B transfer and that too in premium.Is it advisable to go for H1B transfer? What are pros and cons? Since my H1B extention has been filed by employer A under normal processing and my Visa would be expiring in 10 days, 

--> if yes, would it be done in a week? When is it good to work for the employer B ?

Looking forward to a quick response 

Employer B can file a bridge application based on extension receipt notice from employer A. Employer B has to apply LCA and then H1B petition. A week is too short to apply. It is better to wait for employer B's petition approval. Imagine if you move to employer B based on receipt notice, employer A revokes your H1B petition and employer B's H1B petition is denied, what will you do?

By the way avoid working for a consultant.

• 3 years later...

Hi, I have a similar situation. I just started working on a project in Company A through a consultant who filed a H1B transfer petition two weeks back. Now, I have got a better project with company B who is also willing to do corp 2 corp. Company B is in a different state. I received a receipt number couple of days before under normal processing and it will take a few months for the decision. My questions are:  

1. Can I join company B at a different location?

2. What are the challenges involved? Can my employer file an amendment based of a receipt number?

3. Does it impact on H1B denial?

Any help is much appreciated. 

Thanks.

Archived