Parents Visitor Visa - Am I missing anything?

jenni456

All,

I read through the site and definitely got some good information. However, I do have some confusions.

I have been in US working under H1B, same company for the past 6 years. GC has been filed under EB3 and waiting for the dates to be current. I am trying to get my parents for a visit. They had never been here. My dad is retired (mom and dad are 60, 61) and he gets his pension from govt which is about 15k/16k per month or so. They won a house worth 20 lakhs or so in a small town. They don't won any land anymore.

About me, I work as a manager and have bank balance of $ 20K plus stocks to show if needed.

I have sent all the supporting documents (includes bank details, employement letter, invitation letter, 134 form, etc). My dad also has money in his account - around 20 lakh or so.

And yes, my sister lives with her family in India. And my parents will stay in India and do not have immigrant intention. Although, I am planning to settle here in US for the timing.

With all these information - What;s the best thing to do? They will apply for B2 visa.I understand there is nothing like sponcership. However, I have sent the needed supporting documents as I am inviting them to visit me. Do they need to show all the supporting documents? With their financial background, is it good enough to get a vB2 Visa? Should they just sponcer themselves? Is it required to hire a immigration firm to get their visitor visa?  If so, could you please suggest some lawyers?

Any help or suggestions would be apreciated. Thanks so much.

All,

I read through the site and definitely got some good information. However, I do have some confusions.

I have been in US working under H1B, same company for the past 6 years. GC has been filed under EB3 and waiting for the dates to be current. I am trying to get my parents for a visit. They had never been here. My dad is retired (mom and dad are 60, 61) and he gets his pension from govt which is about 15k/16k per month or so. They won a house worth 20 lakhs or so in a small town. They don't won any land anymore.

About me, I work as a manager and have bank balance of $ 20K plus stocks to show if needed.

I have sent all the supporting documents (includes bank details, employement letter, invitation letter, 134 form, etc). My dad also has money in his account - around 20 lakh or so.

And yes, my sister lives with her family in India. And my parents will stay in India and do not have immigrant intention. Although, I am planning to settle here in US for the timing.

With all these information - What;s the best thing to do? They will apply for B2 visa.I understand there is nothing like sponcership. However, I have sent the needed supporting documents as I am inviting them to visit me. Do they need to show all the supporting documents? With their financial background, is it good enough to get a vB2 Visa? Should they just sponcer themselves? Is it required to hire a immigration firm to get their visitor visa?  If so, could you please suggest some lawyers?

Any help or suggestions would be apreciated. Thanks so much.

Everything looks good. If asked by VO they could show supporting documents. It would be better if they also carry a financial document prepared by a CA detailing their assets in home country.

Archived