H4 to H1B + H1B Transfer + H1B extension

Simran.Arora

Hi

I have valid H1B (employer A) and H4 stamped  till Sept 2014.

1) I came to US on H1B and worked for 6 months with company A.

2) Thereafter I took maternity leaves and stayed in US for 9 months (with out changing my status to H4).

3) As my employer asked me to do COS to H4 by returning back to India, I went to India and entered US back on H4 (after 2 months stay in India) 

4) I am in US right now on H4 status from past 4 months. I want work now but not with my employer A, so I am looking for job in other companies.

Ques 1 : Is is possible that if I get a job (say in Company B), then company B can file

my COS (H4 to H1B) along with H1B extension and transfer.

[if yes : how long does this process takes]

OR  I need not to go back to India for COS before joining them like I did in Point#3 above.

Hi

I have valid H1B (employer A) and H4 stamped  till Sept 2014.

1) I came to US on H1B and worked for 6 months with company A.

2) Thereafter I took maternity leaves and stayed in US for 9 months (with out changing my status to H4).

3) As my employer asked me to do COS to H4 by returning back to India, I went to India and entered US back on H4 (after 2 months stay in India) 

4) I am in US right now on H4 status from past 4 months. I want work now but not with my employer A, so I am looking for job in other companies.

Ques 1 : Is is possible that if I get a job (say in Company B), then company B can file

my COS (H4 to H1B) along with H1B extension and transfer.

[if yes : how long does this process takes]

OR  I need not to go back to India for COS before joining them like I did in Point#3 above.

1. Yes. 4 plus months by regular processing and 15 calendar days by premium processing.

Archived