Will my H4 visa experience count?

Jamespeter18

Hi,

I am from Bhutan. I am staying in H4 visa for the last 12 months. I have 4 year of work experience in my county before coming here. After coming to the US, I was doing online business for the last 1 year. Since I should not work in the H4 visa, I have designed my business accounting to be based in my country. In other words, I am based in the US, but my business and all it's accounting is based in Bhutan. 

Now I am planning to apply for a job and get a H1B. Can I show my one year of online experience in my resume? Will it be considered illegal that I worked in H4, even though that work is done online for a company that is based in Bhutan? 

Thank you for your reply. 

Hi,

I am from Bhutan. I am staying in H4 visa for the last 12 months. I have 4 year of work experience in my county before coming here. After coming to the US, I was doing online business for the last 1 year. Since I should not work in the H4 visa, I have designed my business accounting to be based in my country. In other words, I am based in the US, but my business and all it's accounting is based in Bhutan. 

Now I am planning to apply for a job and get a H1B. Can I show my one year of online experience in my resume? Will it be considered illegal that I worked in H4, even though that work is done online for a company that is based in Bhutan? 

Thank you for your reply. 

I believe your work on H4 is considered illegal.

Archived