RFE Change of Status from F2 to F1

cosf2tof1

Hello All,

Please help me out this RFE. here are the details:

I applied for my wife change of status on June 20th and I got an RFE on DEC 4th and have to reply RFE by Jan 3rd.

RFE:

• The address provided in your application is not within in the commutable distance of the school's location. Provide an explanation to show how you able to attend school and submit evidence to support your claim.

Presently I am working in Utah and my wife is with me , she came as a dependent visa and she doesn't has any evidence.. like bank account or any id's she has only her passport.

I am looking for the proper reply for this RFE. she got an admission from univ of california . At the time  of application , I provided Utah address. we are thinking  to move CA once we get the accpetance.we defer her I -20 for spring semester.

I am waiting for  your reply...Thank you

Thanks.

There are many schools in and around Utah, you could've applied for one of them. Since that stage is gone long back, just tell them what did you thought initially and applied for California schools. Indeed, in California tuition is comparably more than Utah, so why did you applied here at Cailfornia in the first place.[There are some programs which are quite affordable] From which Univ. of California, your wife got admission? It's too vague, be specific.

If you applied for PhD in UCLA or USC or UC, Berkeley, then you have valid reasons. 

See Mister, USCIS simply follows the rules as laid down in their 'dossier', if they even have a least doubt about something, which often turns out genuine, then the burden lies on you to prove that they are mistaken. So, go for it.

@livliv : thanks for your suggestion

@artist10& t75:

see acutally we can apply from anywhere right, I am working in utah not my wife she is staying with at the time of application. Once she gets the acceptance she can move to CA. she got admission from various universities but I am also planning to move for my next job in CA so we applied for CA univeristies.

see acutally we can apply from anywhere right, I am working in utah not my wife she is staying with at the time of application. Once she gets the acceptance she can move to CA. she got admission from various universities but I am also planning to move for my next job in CA so we applied for CA univeristies.

If that's the reason then what are you looking for. If you are not confident then contact an attorney for help.

Archived