I 485 online status approved; but got RFE instead of approval notice

meandmygc

Hi,

I had filed my 1485 (EB2 india; priority date of Oct 2007). I got my EAD/AP (for myself and spouse) in October 2013.

I was checking my 1 485 status online and was happy when it stated that my 1 485 was approved.

The online status message was:

"Post Decision Activity

On November 25, 2013, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283"

On Dec 2, 2013 I get a mal from USCIS. Thinking it will be my approval notice as mentioned in the online message; I opened it and was surprised to see it was an RFE for employment verification. My lawyer is also a bit confused as they don’t know why the online status shows i 485 approved and I then I get an RFE notice in the mail. They will send the required verification letter anyway. But still it’s not clear if the RFE notice was a mistake or the online status is incorrect.

Anyone having a similar situation or have an explanation?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I had filed my 1485 (EB2 india; priority date of Oct 2007). I got my EAD/AP (for myself and spouse) in October 2013.

I was checking my 1 485 status online and was happy when it stated that my 1 485 was approved.

The online status message was:

"Post Decision Activity

On November 25, 2013, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283"

On Dec 2, 2013 I get a mal from USCIS. Thinking it will be my approval notice as mentioned in the online message; I opened it and was surprised to see it was an RFE for employment verification. My lawyer is also a bit confused as they don’t know why the online status shows i 485 approved and I then I get an RFE notice in the mail. They will send the required verification letter anyway. But still it’s not clear if the RFE notice was a mistake or the online status is incorrect.

Anyone having a similar situation or have an explanation?

Just comply with what they are asking. GC or no GC , you need job to support yourself unless you are a business magnate generating your own pay slip.  Don't worry about anything. Send the reply and continue with your daily routine.

Archived