Visitor visa for US citizen parents

myimmi

I because US citizen few years back. For the first time I am applying visitor visa for my parents. I heard that visitor visa for US citizen's immediate relative(parents/wife/kids) is very difficult and generally Visa officer reject the petition. My parents just want to visit USA and do not have immigrant intentions.

My father own business and can show the tax returns and need to go back to manage it.

I because US citizen few years back. For the first time I am applying visitor visa for my parents. I heard that visitor visa for US citizen's immediate relative(parents/wife/kids) is very difficult and generally Visa officer reject the petition. My parents just want to visit USA and do not have immigrant intentions. My father own business and can show the tax returns and need to go back to manage it. What are the odds of them getting Visitor visa from Hyderabad, India embassy ?

They should apply. They simply can add if asked or if it seems appropriate that they realize you could apply for their residency but they simply want to visit.  A reasonable time request for a businessman would NOT be 6 months.  Several shorter visits is more believable for a US worker.

Archived