Travel back on h4 (h1 etxn)

neeta9

I'm on h1b travelling to India soon. Planning to go for h4 visa and stamping in India. My spouses h1b is valid till April 2014 so I plan to get back to US in march 2014.

1. Is it ok to travel back to US on h4 1 month before h1 expires?

2. I plan to go to h4 visa end of Dec around same time my spouses h1 will be filed for an extension. Can I still go for h4 visa incase they file for extension by then?

3. How long does it take to get h1 extension? Do I need to wait for his approval to get back to US even though I get stamping till April 2014?

4. Can I go for stamping twice once before his extension is filed and once after he gets his approval so I get another 3 yrs before I head back to US?

5. If I go for h4 stamping now and he doesn't get his h1 extension by march then we can file for PP so I get his new extension approval so I can travel back to US.

Any better approach to this?

I'm cannot postpone my trip and have to leave this week.

Please answer.

I'm on h1b travelling to India soon. Planning to go for h4 visa and stamping in India. My spouses h1b is valid till April 2014 so I plan to get back to US in march 2014.

1. Is it ok to travel back to US on h4 1 month before h1 expires?

2. I plan to go to h4 visa end of Dec around same time my spouses h1 will be filed for an extension. Can I still go for h4 visa incase they file for extension by then?

3. How long does it take to get h1 extension? Do I need to wait for his approval to get back to US even though I get stamping till April 2014?

4. Can I go for stamping twice once before his extension is filed and once after he gets his approval so I get another 3 yrs before I head back to US?

5. If I go for h4 stamping now and he doesn't get his h1 extension by march then we can file for PP so I get his new extension approval so I can travel back to US.

Any better approach to this?

I'm cannot postpone my trip and have to leave this week.

Please answer.

1. You would need a copy of your spouse's H1B extension approval notice.

2. Yes.

3. 14 months in regular processing. 5 calendar days by premium processing. 

4. Nope.

5. Yes.

Archived