H1-B Visa Validity..

sameer24p

Hi All,

Need some inputs on my case. I was employed in the US on an H1-B from 2005, which was renewed twice. I left my employer in US and am currently employed in Singapore. However, I am planning to relocate back to US. My passport shows validity of H1-B visa as Sept 2014. So my question is if the H1-B is still valid if the employer with whom I worked in US wants to hire me back ? Also if any other employer wants to get this transferred, how easy is the process (since the 2014 cap for H1-B has already been reached). Please advise on this situation.

Thanks & Regards

Hi All,

Need some inputs on my case. I was employed in the US on an H1-B from 2005, which was renewed twice. I left my employer in US and am currently employed in Singapore. However, I am planning to relocate back to US. My passport shows validity of H1-B visa as Sept 2014. So my question is if the H1-B is still valid if the employer with whom I worked in US wants to hire me back ? Also if any other employer wants to get this transferred, how easy is the process (since the 2014 cap for H1-B has already been reached). Please advise on this situation.

Thanks & Regards

If you have not utilized 6 years on your H1B an employer needs to file a cap exempt H1B petition and on approval with a valid H1B visa and new I797 you can enter US and start working immediately for employer.

Hi Jai.

Thanks for your prompt reply. Would like to know..in my case, i was on H1-B since 2005 and it has already been renewed twice. my employer had filed for my GC, the priority date was in Aug 2007 under EB-3 category. that is the reason i got an extension on H1-B even after 6 years (i.e. for another 3 years which is valid until Sept 2014 on my passport). i moved to SG in sept 2012, but now would like to relocate back to US. So for this case, does the employer have to file the H1-B all over again ? also going back to the employer with whom i worked for 7+ years and who did my H1-B/filed my GC, would that make a difference ? 

appreciate your inputs on this.

thanks & regards..

Hi Jai.

Thanks for your prompt reply. Would like to know..in my case, i was on H1-B since 2005 and it has already been renewed twice. my employer had filed for my GC, the priority date was in Aug 2007 under EB-3 category. that is the reason i got an extension on H1-B even after 6 years (i.e. for another 3 years which is valid until Sept 2014 on my passport). i moved to SG in sept 2012, but now would like to relocate back to US. So for this case, does the employer have to file the H1-B all over again ? also going back to the employer with whom i worked for 7+ years and who did my H1-B/filed my GC, would that make a difference ? 

appreciate your inputs on this.

thanks & regards..

If your approved I-140 has not been revoked by your employer you can still get H1B extensions based on that.

Archived