Change Jobs or Stay put - 7th Year Extn - Case with BALCA

subbu1982

Hi

Need some advice and wise thoughts on my current situation. Desperate for help :(.

I am currently on my 7th year extension valid till July 2014 based on my Perm denial at DOL and pending with BALCA. I cracked interviews and my future employer is planning to transfer my H1 and has also agreed to file for my Greencard.

1) When the new employer transfers my H1 , will I get a 1 year extension or only till July 2014 (my current H1 validity)?

2) Assuming a 1 year extension, is it wise for me to think that the PWD(6 weeks ETA), the placing ad (1 month ETA), labor (8 months without Audit) and I140 can be approved before the 1 year timeframe?

3) My case was moved to BALCA in May 2013. Based on the current timeframe and assuming BALCA will deny my case, appx when I can I anticipate the BALCA decision?

4)My current employer is willing to withdraw and reapply for a new GC but I have put a hold on this until I get my 8th year extn based on pending BALCA decision. Is this the safest and more importantly the wisest option for me?

5) For my 8th year extension , If I continue with my current employer and assuming case is pending in BALCA and my 8th year extn is approved in March 2014, will I get my extension till July 2015 (my current H1 expires July 2014) or will I get only 1 year from the date the 8th year extension approval - ie till March 2015?

Please advice asap.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived