EB2 combination of degrees

I have a 12+3+2 year education from my home country and a 2 year MS degree from US. However can I qualify under EB2 category if my perm job requires a bachelors+5 year work ex? Some posts on this forum suggest that 12+3+2 year education is not considered US bachelor's equivalent as USCIS requires a single source degree and I cannot combines degrees. Please advise. Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

Someone who has  U.S. Master's degree would generally be considered to have also the equivalent of a Bachelor's degree. However, this does not mean that the person's preceding foreign degree is the equivalent of a U.S. Bachelor's degree. So to meet a BS plus 5 year experience requirement, one would likely have to show the 5 years of experience after the Master's degree, simply for the reason that earning the Master's degree is the clearest point at which the person has the equivalent of a U.S. Bachelor's degree. It would be a good idea to talk with an attorney who can discuss these issues and advise you appropriately.

I have a 12+3+2 year education from my home country and a 2 year MS degree from US. However can I qualify under EB2 category if my perm job requires a bachelors+5 year work ex? Some posts on this forum suggest that 12+3+2 year education is not considered US bachelor's equivalent as USCIS requires a single source degree and I cannot combines degrees. Please advise. Thanks.

Attorney is right. If job qualifications would be BS + 5 or Masters + X then there would be no problem. Just BS + 5, you'd have to show experience is after Masters degree. Remember that US Masters supersedes US Bachelors requirement for GC framework.

Also read notes from AILA NSC liaison meeting from 2007 and it clearly says that as long as job requires EB2 classification from employer perspective and beneficiary has US Masters degree in the field, nothing else is required.

Archived