What are the chances of Reinstatement to F1 status?

pavanbadra

Hi,

I am an International student of F1 status. I am pursuing Masters in a University and have been working for last 2.5 months. Due to lack of knowledge, I filled the time sheet with more than 20 hrs a week. I have been reported to USCIS and now I am out of status. I have been given two options either to leave the country and re-enter or apply for reinstatement. I cannot go for the first option as I cannot financially support it and the chances of getting visa is less in this case. Please tell me the chances of reinstatement in my case and how long will the reinstatement  process would take? Also, please let me know how this would hit my future in US while apply OPT, OPT extension and H1B? Please advice me as I am very confused and worried about this.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Hi,
I am an International student of F1 status. I am pursuing Masters in a University and have been working for last 2.5 months. Due to lack of knowledge, I filled the time sheet with more than 20 hrs a week. I have been reported to USCIS and now I am out of status. I have been given two options either to leave the country and re-enter or apply for reinstatement. I cannot go for the first option as I cannot financially support it and the chances of getting visa is less in this case. Please tell me the chances of reinstatement in my case and how long will the reinstatement  process would take? Also, please let me know how this would hit my future in US while apply OPT, OPT extension and H1B? Please advice me as I am very confused and worried about this.
Thanks a lot in advance.

what's your current status?? Why are you out of status??

Mr Kumar your details doesn't look factual, to me. There are so many inconsistencies in your description, I doubt the veracity of the details, I don't mean they are lies; its possible you may have missed some information in disclosing, which can be intentional or unintentional.

If you are on F1 visa only under two possibilities you can work, either on OPT or student job within the school. If you got student job within the school, the school knows exactly how many hours they are providing to the international student. If you are on OPT you can work for 40hrs/week.

So, what you said here looks not so factual.

People appreciate honesty. It's better to be one.

Archived