H4 VISA - resident of Gujarat having issue to take date in DELHI consulate

dharmeshkumar

Hello,

I am currently working in USA and I want to apply H4 Visa for my wife.

I am from Gujarat and nearest consulate for us is Mumbai, Maharashtra.

I read the news on vfs-usa website thats they stop processing H and L categories of VISA in Mumbai Consulate.

My questions:

1) Can my wife go to other consulate in India while Mumbai consulate is not processing H4 visa.

2) If first question answer is YES then why i am not able to see any available date in Delhi consulate for Gujarat Resident.

Example :

I CAN SEE THE AVAILABLE DATE WHEN I SELECT "DELHI" AS MY STATE OF RESIDENT.

A resident of India/Bhutan - YES

State of Residence: DELHI

Select Language for Interview: HINDI

Purpose of Travel:Spouse/Child of person working in the USA

Select Visa Class: H-4 (Spouse / Child of H1 visa holder)

Have you been refused a visa twice within the last 6-12 months : No

Are you applying for the same class of visa which is currently valid or has expired within the past 12 months : NO

IN ANOTHER SESSION AT THE SAME TIME IF I SELECT "GUJARAT" AS MY STATE OF RESIDENT THEN I CAN"T SEE ANY AVAILABLE DATE WHICH I SEEN IN ABOVE EXAMPLE.

A resident of India/Bhutan - YES

State of Residence: GUJARAT

Select Language for Interview: HINDI

Purpose of Travel:Spouse/Child of person working in the USA

Select Visa Class: H-4 (Spouse / Child of H1 visa holder)

Have you been refused a visa twice within the last 6-12 months : No

Are you applying for the same class of visa which is currently valid or has expired within the past 12 months : NO

Can you please advise me here.If its a system issue please Let me know if i can select Delhi as my state of resident and select the date from available.

Your response is very important and appreciate if you reply me.

1) For a while all Mumbai applications for H and L has stopped due to consulate reconstruction. So you can take appointment anywhere in India for Gujarat I preferred Delhi.

Thats what i have tried.

2) For appointments try with the english language and see if you can see the dates?

try and let me know.

I don't want to take date in ENGLISH language.

I want to take a date in HINDI Only and I am having issue with taking date in HINDI.

Hi sg2011

I appeared for my interview at new delhi consulate for H4 cat visa on 21 march 2011. I pesented every document i was asked for and yet somehow she didnt seem convinced. She was very ironical to her answers and confirmed that the documents look fine and we will require a couple of days. She didnt confirm post the iview whether it was a accept or a reject. My husband received a reply to a query he mailed to vfs... saying its under administrative processing. I wasnt issued any pink ,green or blue slips and no communication from the consulate either whether they require me to produce any addtnl documents. Its been a 1 month post my iview and the status message on vfs website is the same that... That your pasport is under processing at the US consulate ......

How long can they retain the passport?

s thier any way to check n my passport status....Pl help

Thx

Its very surprising that they did not issue you a 221g slip.

Based on the questions you were asked by the VO you must have an idea of what documents the VO was interested in.

Knowing that you can get all the supporting documents and submit them at the VFS office.

Perhaps if we knew what questions VO asked you and what was the topic of dicsussion between you and the VO, the forum members can suggest the supporting documents you can give at the VFS.

You can track the passport status on VFS site or call the VFS directly as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi sg2011

my wife appeared for her interview at new delhi consulate for H4 cat visa on 21 April 2011. She pesented every document she was asked for and yet somehow she didnt seem convinced.

There were many documents so she gave one GREEN slip to ask my wife to give all documents to the consulate and they told that they will check all documents and get back to us. They also took the passport for the same.

She didnt confirm post the iview whether it was a accept or a reject. She wasnt issued any pink ,green or blue slips and no communication from the consulate either whether they require my wife to produce any addtnl documents. Its been a 7 working days post her iview and the status message on vfs website is the same that... That your pasport is under processing at the US consulate ......

How long can they retain the passport?

Is thier any way to check n my passport status....Pl help

Any reasons why consulate is doing like this with so many people.

Thx

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived