He extension beyond Max out?

rudraishere

I spent 4.5 years in USA for Company A in L1 and then H1. Counting from my first entry in USA and adding 6 years, my Max out should be in March 2015. In Aug 2013, I joined company B with H1 being transferred, and the transferred H1 was extended till June 2016, which is 1 year more than my Max out.

My Question:

Is this normal?  Does that mean I can stay in USA beyond my max out date? Please advice.

Thanks for your help. Here is my question:

1. How can I correct the error myself?  Also, is there any website where the official information about the max out is given clearly?  

2. My GC will be filed very soon. When the next extension is filed or when I-140 is cleared, will the error be cleared? Please advice.

Thanks.

Thanks for your help. Here is my question:

1. How can I correct the error myself?  Also, is there any website where the official information about the max out is given clearly?  

2. My GC will be filed very soon. When the next extension is filed or when I-140 is cleared, will the error be cleared? Please advice.

Thanks.

1. You can correct the error by leaving US when you reach the maximum allowed of 6 years on H1B.

2. When your I-140 is approved you would get extensions beyond 6 years.

Archived