Biometric Scan Waiver?

L1_to_H1

Hello,

My parent will be appearing for visitor visa interview next week. The fingerprint reader that is used for passports in India could not read my mother's finger print. It read 3 fingers only. I was wondering if that's going to be an issue with biometrics during visa interview . Is there a waiver for biometrics that can be obtained? 

There is no injury/cuts on the fingers its just that machine can not read it. 

Hello,

My parent will be appearing for visitor visa interview next week. The fingerprint reader that is used for passports in India could not read my mother's finger print. It read 3 fingers only. I was wondering if that's going to be an issue with biometrics during visa interview . Is there a waiver for biometrics that can be obtained? 

There is no injury/cuts on the fingers its just that machine can not read it. 

As far as I know there is no waiver. It is mandatory. Let them go for biometric scan. And, I believe you know that there is finger print scanning at POE too.

As far as I know there is no waiver. It is mandatory. Let them go for biometric scan. And, I believe you know that there is finger print scanning at POE too.

I can only hope that govt of India scanners were of low quality and US govt uses better ones which can scan the finger print! There is no paper/ink option or some other physical attribute which can substitute printing?

Archived