F1 Visa Interview questions?

Srisai22

Hello..

I have my F1 Visa interview next week in Hyderabad.

Can someone who already attended Visa interview at Hyderabad or other locations please post the questions that are asked by VO. That would be a great help!!

Also I have already attend the F1 visa interview 2 weeks back and got rejected saying you have to take SAP test, but the university which I applied doesn't require that.

One more thing is I have done my diploma in EEE and want to do my bachelor's in US.

After my diploma, I have got gap of 3 years since backlogs, these 3 years I also gained some working experience as a Mobile Technician in a Company.

On this VO asked me a question saying why GAP?

Can anyone tell me what I have to answer for this?

In my previous interview I answered saying because I was working gap has come.

Any suggestions is greatly appreciated!!

Thank you!! 

Hello..

I have my F1 Visa interview next week in Hyderabad.

Can someone who already attended Visa interview at Hyderabad or other locations please post the questions that are asked by VO. That would be a great help!!

Also I have already attend the F1 visa interview 2 weeks back and got rejected saying you have to take SAP test, but the university which I applied doesn't require that.

One more thing is I have done my diploma in EEE and want to do my bachelor's in US.

After my diploma, I have got gap of 3 years since backlogs, these 3 years I also gained some working experience as a Mobile Technician in a Company.

On this VO asked me a question saying why GAP?

Can anyone tell me what I have to answer for this?

In my previous interview I answered saying because I was working gap has come.

Any suggestions is greatly appreciated!!

Thank you!! 

Well, good university requires test scores to be eligible for admission. If scores are not requested one has to question the credibility of degrees offered from that university. No wonder VO was not convinced.

If VO asks you about gaps in your career answer the truth.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Srisai,

SAP- as previous person said, as VO expect you to take SAP & you didnt take thats might have raised ocncern about credibility of your F1 school. So next you can give SAP test & then go for IV. Is it possible? if you give SAP even if its not required for your school it might increase your odds to get visa. If not, then you can say- you are planning to give SAP once you get in the US. your school will guide you for SAP test. your school has classes to assist in sap.

GAP- you say there was no GAP. You completed your diploma, then started working for that mobile company. You work for 3 yrs to get work experince. If your F1 school program has anything related to your work experience then you can say- your 3 yr work exp. helped you make decide which program to pursue in the US.

GoodLuck.

Sam. 

sam_h1b, once again you offering ill-advised advice.  A person cannot say they "are planning to give SAP once [they] get in the US ... [their] school will guide [them] for SAP test ... [their] school has classes to assist in SAP" unless it is absolutely true.  You have no way of knowing whether it is the truth or not from the information, and to make such advise is misguiding and wrong.

Archived