Travel to India

Member_Student

I have completed my Masters and worked on OPT, post which I have started my MBA and have completed one (1) semester. I worked on CPT the first semester which is now completed. My visa - which was issued during Masters, now expires in July 2014. 

I plan to travel to India if there is no risk due to transfer of status. Since there was a transfer of status from OPT to CPT, and I will have to get a new F1 before entry back to the US, can you please advice how safe it is to travel to India?

Thanks for your time!

I have completed my Masters and worked on OPT, post which I have started my MBA and have completed one (1) semester. I worked on CPT the first semester which is now completed. My visa - which was issued during Masters, now expires in July 2014. 

I plan to travel to India if there is no risk due to transfer of status. Since there was a transfer of status from OPT to CPT, and I will have to get a new F1 before entry back to the US, can you please advice how safe it is to travel to India?

Thanks for your time!

If your CPT has not violated any immigration law and you have all required documents you could travel and get a visa stamped with no issues.

Archived