H4 to F1 to OPT completed and continuing on F1 (and going to visa stamping)

f1studentusa

Hello,

I have a question on an upcoming F1 visa stamping interview scheduled in India.

My background is: My husband and I both live in USA. I came to USA on an H4 visa in 2011. I enrolled in a university under a 1 year program in 2012. I then did a COS (change of status) from H4 visa to F1 visa during my first quarter itself in 2012. My F1 visa was approved. I then applied for OPT, which was also approved for a period of 12 months. I was working under OPT and have completed my OPT. I am not eligible for OPT extension under this program.

I am currently continuing to study on F1 and have enrolled in another program with the same university.

My question is, can there be any complications for my F1 visa stamping due to the foll. reasons:

1. My husband is on H1 visa
2. I was on H4 visa and did a COS to F1 visa
3. I have used up my OPT and am continuing to study on F1 visa (although I am considering doing a Masters degree in 2014)

I am financing my own education and have suffient funds in India, so I could use that as a strong tie to India (to overcome the presumption that I intent to immigrate). Plus, I do have family and friends in India.

Please post your thoughts, I would really appreciate it! Thank you in advance.

Hello,

I have a question on an upcoming F1 visa stamping interview scheduled in India.

My background is: My husband and I both live in USA. I came to USA on an H4 visa in 2011. I enrolled in a university under a 1 year program in 2012. I then did a COS (change of status) from H4 visa to F1 visa during my first quarter itself in 2012. My F1 visa was approved. I then applied for OPT, which was also approved for a period of 12 months. I was working under OPT and have completed my OPT. I am not eligible for OPT extension under this program.

I am currently continuing to study on F1 and have enrolled in another program with the same university.

My question is, can there be any complications for my F1 visa stamping due to the foll. reasons:

1. My husband is on H1 visa

2. I was on H4 visa and did a COS to F1 visa

3. I have used up my OPT and am continuing to study on F1 visa (although I am considering doing a Masters degree in 2014)

I am financing my own education and have suffient funds in India, so I could use that as a strong tie to India (to overcome the presumption that I intent to immigrate). Plus, I do have family and friends in India.

Please post your thoughts, I would really appreciate it! Thank you in advance.

You should be fine.

• 1 month later...

Archived