Indian passpost renewal

chikz

Hi,

I am on currently maintianing student status- my H1 was filed -got approved, but status change got denied. Have applied for MTR (that is different issue). My current I-20 has expiry date 1/17/14. I plan to renew my passport at Chicago Indian consulate.

Q- Would this create any problem if my I-20 is expiring soon?

Q- Would they ask me any questions related to my MTR filed?? Do I need to carry my I-797 with B status??

Q- I read people applying thru mail- would going in person be wise or doesn't make any difference.

Thank you

Hi,

I am on currently maintianing student status- my H1 was filed -got approved, but status change got denied. Have applied for MTR (that is different issue). My current I-20 has expiry date 1/17/14. I plan to renew my passport at Chicago Indian consulate.

Q- Would this create any problem if my I-20 is expiring soon?

Q- Would they ask me any questions related to my MTR filed?? Do I need to carry my I-797 with B status??

Q- I read people applying thru mail- would going in person be wise or doesn't make any difference.

Thank you

1. If you apply this month use both your I20 and approved H1B I797.

2. No questions will be asked about your MTR as it is not of their concern. Carry your H1B I797.

3. In person is a bit quicker process.

I just read that if visa are expired I need to appear consulate (Chicago) for interview before I apply for passport renewal. My student visa expired back in 2011. Question is -

Do my current I-20 or the I-797 B  gives me that visa status?? Or we talking here about the visa stamp??

Anyone facing similar situation?? Please guide me.

I just read that if visa are expired I need to appear consulate (Chicago) for interview before I apply for passport renewal. My student visa expired back in 2011. Question is -

Do my current I-20 or the I-797 B  gives me that visa status?? Or we talking here about the visa stamp??

Anyone facing similar situation?? Please guide me.

If your I20 and SEVIS is valid that is proof enough of your status in US.

Archived