Parents visa interview

SWR1234

Hi All,

My father's brother has applied Green Card for my parents 3 years ago.

I'm on H1 and I'm planning to send my parents for the Visitors Visa.

My question is , does the GC processing will effect their chances of getting B2 visa?

Please help !!

Thank you!!

Absolutely. I do not think they will get a visitors visa. Wait for others opinion.

Yes. They now have immigrant intent.  However, since the sibling wait is so long and if they have good reason to return, a visa may be granted. It depends on individual circumstances so there is not harm in trying.  They need to understand that there is no forgiveness for  illegal overstay for siblings.

I would suggest you try for Visa as you normally will. make sure the question with immigration application is marked as yes. if you father has stable job in India it should not be an issue. ( I personally know someone who applied for B2 visa and their family based GC was already approved, and they got the Visa). Good Luck !

I would suggest you try for Visa as you normally will. make sure the question with immigration application is marked as yes. if you father has stable job in India it should not be an issue. ( I personally know someone who applied for B2 visa and their family based GC was already approved, and they got the Visa). Good Luck !

In this case what kind of typical interview questions can the VO ask for? Also if the VO ask my parents if they has GC process started should they say Yes or is it acceptable if they say they don't really know or something like that?

In this case what kind of typical interview questions can the VO ask for? Also if the VO ask my parents if they has GC process started should they say Yes or is it acceptable if they say they don't really know or something like that?

Well in the case that I was mentioned the VO himself mentioned that you have an approved GC to which the person responded 'Yes I know but I have a job here in India and I don't see myself settling down in US in near future'  . Basically your parents should be able to convey that they have every reason to come back and no reason to settle down in US. 

Well in the case that I was mentioned the VO himself mentioned that you have an approved GC to which the person responded 'Yes I know but I have a job here in India and I don't see myself settling down in US in near future'  . Basically your parents should be able to convey that they have every reason to come back and no reason to settle down in US. 

Thank you !!

Archived