Green Card Eligibility up on second masters with CPT.

usa_siri

Hi Geeks,

Firstly i would like to thank all for taking their precious time and helping folks here.

I have completed my First Masters worked on OPT, but extn got denied and SEVIS was completed.

To maintain status i re entered states with new SEVIS. Im planning to take CPT 40Hrs. 

The thing here is i ll apply for H1 in april and continue my CPT till october.  To eligible for green card (EB2) do i really need to complete second masters??

Regards

S

What you are trying is abuse of the F1 and abuse of CPT.

First, an F1 is not for "maintaining status."

And no real university gives out CPT to somebody who just signed up.

You will get into lots of trouble with any H1. It is likely to get denied if you abuse CPT.

And then you could of course forget any GC as well.

To maintain status i re-entered states with new SEVIS. I am planning to take CPT 40Hrs. 

This appears to be a clear violation of immigration law, regulations, and rules.  A F-1 visa is not a 'bridge' visa to "maintain status", and using it that way with CPT employment authorization is illegal.  A F-1 visa is for studying and earning a degree -- not an alternative way to work.  CPT is "Curriculum Practical Training, which means that it must be for a required element of a course in your degree plan.

Doing a second Masters through what is no doubt a questionable (if not fraudulent) university / college to get CPT employment authorization will likely not only damage and even deny your changes for an H-1B visa and eventually permanent residency (green card), but could lead to deportation and an entry ban.

It seems this has become a commonplace activity ABUSING CPT. Poeple will do anything to remain in US but they don't understand this will come to haunt them in long term. I have seen numerous student just joining a Language school and continue their CPT Idiots!

And after the next raid, we'll see another bunch of these fake students whining about how they "didn't know"...

Just as when TVU was raided.

Archived