Details required regarding H4 application (DS-160)

sreevats.ns@gmail.com

Hi,

I have got my H1B VISA stamping done in Canada and now I will be going to India in couple of months. I am trying to fill the DS160 form to apply H4 VISA for my spouse (I am setting up Interview at Chennai consulate)Please let me know the details of the information requested below for my Spouse. 

1. Do I need to go with her for her VISA interview as my Stamping is already done?

2. I am using the same DS-160 form link to fill in for my Spouse's VISA stamping. Is this correct?

3. In DS 160 form - The travel section asks for Principal applcant information - What do I need to fill in the Petition number section?? as my spouse doesnt hold any petition (its just her H4 application).

Thnx in Advance

Hi,

I have got my H1B VISA stamping done in Canada and now I will be going to India in couple of months. I am trying to fill the DS160 form to apply H4 VISA for my spouse (I am setting up Interview at Chennai consulate)Please let me know the details of the information requested below for my Spouse. 

1. Do I need to go with her for her VISA interview as my Stamping is already done?

2. I am using the same DS-160 form link to fill in for my Spouse's VISA stamping. Is this correct?

3. In DS 160 form - The travel section asks for Principal applcant information - What do I need to fill in the Petition number section?? as my spouse doesnt hold any petition (its just her H4 application).

Thnx in Advance

1. No.

2. Check DS160 link for Chennai consulate.

3. Your petition details.

Hi,

Thnx in Advance

1)You don't need to go to visa interview.

2)DS-160 form link is same for every one.

3)you are the principal applicant, so enter your petition number.

Good luck!!!

Archived