Need Suggestion for my case

Gauravkamat7

Hi,

My GC was filed from my employer on 28-Apr-2010. Labor took a lot of time to get cleared due to scrutiny and all other things and finally it got approved on 12 Apr 2012. But lawyer never received the approval copy in mail (Thats what they said which I dont believe) and they did not check online despite my repeted requests. Finally they realized its approved in OCT-2012 by then it was already 180 days from the approval of labor. They still filed I140 but said there wont be any hope. Meanwhile my H1 6th year ended on July 22 2012 and company filed for extension based on labor pending for more than 1 year.

On Feb 7th 2013 I was notified by my company that my H1 is rejected and I had to come back and I quit the company and joined another one in India.

But now I see that the I140 which was filed on my behalf is approved! After requesting the old company they gave receipt notice of I140 but are declining to give I140 approval notice. I even filed for FOIA but its stuck from more than 3 months.

Is there any option with me other than waiting for 1 full year for new H1?

Thanks,

Gaurav

Archived