F1 Student POE Concern

truetexan

Hi All

I have my sibling who has been approved Visa for NPU which is in Californis. But she wants to transfer from NPU to KSU (Kent State) which is in Ohio (she has a valid I20 for this university). She is not travelling to California. Her ticket is booked to Ohio.

She will change her sevis once she goes to Ohio. Do you guys think it will be a problem in POE since her visa is for NPU but she is travelling to Ohio to transfer her sevis to KSU ?

Your quick response is greatly appreciated. If the ticket needs to be modified, there is not much time left. So please help.

Thanks,

Truetexan

She should plan to attend the university for which she applied for a visa or reapply.  She cannot just change her Sevis once she arrives. It does not matter where she flies to; it matters where she attends.

PS.  She should attend KSU. She just needs to fix the details before she leaves. If it cannot be done for the spring term, she will need to defer.

@truetexan, 

She must first report to the NPU and then submit a SEVIS transfer request form from KSU to NPU DSO... The DSO at NPU university will determine if the SEVIS transfer is possible or not on the first day of first semester. 

She can plan to land in ohio, but for her to enroll at KSU, her original school (NPU) DSO should transfer the SEVIS. No university transfers the SEVIS without student reporting to them. 

Archived