when can I take cpt?? In a trimester university

member45

Actually I came to USA for spring 2013 , later I transferred to another university which is trimester university. currently I am done with two semesters. when can I start taking CPT. It should not diminish  the chances of getting OPT. I asked my DSO, she told that you can start taking cpt rite from first semester.Thanks for the replies in advance.

Actually I came to USA for spring 2013 , later I transferred to another university which is trimester university. currently I am done with two semesters. when can I start taking CPT. It should not diminish  the chances of getting OPT. I asked my DSO, she told that you can start taking cpt rite from first semester.Thanks for the replies in advance.

Looks like everyone wants to join CPT club. Go through this forum about CPT and you will think twice before joining an employer on CPT.

I asked my DSO, she told that you can start taking CPT right from first semester.

When a university official, particularity a DSO, suggests CPT employment authorization starting right away from the first semester it is a 'red flag' / warning (danger) sign that it is a questionable (if not downright fraudulent) university.  Find a reputable, accredited university (e.g. public) for the purpose of studying and earning a degree, and do not concern yourself with employment, especially CPT.

Archived