comany ran payroll on me when i don't have work authorization

student08

Hi ,

I was a student of **** working with a big organisation on OPT.  I took vacation in my company from nov 8th to december 15th. When i was on vacation i recieved a letter from USCIS saying that since **** got closed  i need to transfer to a new school to maintain status. I requested tranfer of  my sevis to new school on nov 15th. Got confimation from the new school on Nov 18th (They confirmed  sevis transfer date is nov 15th).

I got a pay check from my comany on nov 15th.

my comany terminated me on nov 21st (?since i don't have work authorization)

Again got one more pay check on nov 30th after the termination of employment.

Since i don't have work authorization and payroll ran my name will it be a problem? or sine i am on paid vacation it's not a problem?

Kindly advise..

Thanks,

Neelima

Since i don't have work authorization and payroll ran my name will it be a problem? or sine i am on paid vacation it's not a problem?

Let's forget about your work authorization.

You said you transferred your sevis on 15th and got confirmation on 18th. Any real univ will not approve within three days, I doubt your new univ(?) is also a FAKE one. It's better to consult an attorney rather than joining in  some fake univ.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Neelima,

Here are two institutions. Your university through which you got an OPT and your employer.

Did letter you received from SEVIS said since when your school is closing? If so then that date or date on which you received that letter is the date when your OPT and hence work authorization ended.

As you mentioned you requested transfer on Nov. 15th, one can say you got that letter around that time. But you took vacation from Nov. 8th- Dec 15th, so you stopped working well before you got letter. So your work prior Nov8th is authorized.

You said company terminated you on Nov. 21st and you got paycheck on Nov 30th. It is fine if you got paychecks after you stopped working, as far as period for whcih you are paid is prior Nov 8th (prior your vacation/ authorization ends). Companies do run their pay roles on 2wkly/ 4wkly cycles, so I also got paychecks well after I stopped working. So do not worry, just make sure period for whcih you are getting paid is authorized ie prior your vacation or even prior your authorization ends.

As you got transfer comfirmed on Nov 18th you should be in safe shoes.

Sam.   

Hi Neelima,

Here are two institutions. Your university through which you got an OPT and your employer.

Did letter you received from SEVIS said since when your school is closing? If so then that date or date on which you received that letter is the date when your OPT and hence work authorization ended.

As you mentioned you requested transfer on Nov. 15th, one can say you got that letter around that time. But you took vacation from Nov. 8th- Dec 15th, so you stopped working well before you got letter. So your work prior Nov8th is authorized.

You said company terminated you on Nov. 21st and you got paycheck on Nov 30th. It is fine if you got paychecks after you stopped working, as far as period for whcih you are paid is prior Nov 8th (prior your vacation/ authorization ends). Companies do run their pay roles on 2wkly/ 4wkly cycles, so I also got paychecks well after I stopped working. So do not worry, just make sure period for whcih you are getting paid is authorized ie prior your vacation or even prior your authorization ends.

As you got transfer comfirmed on Nov 18th you should be in safe shoes.

Sam.   

Seems you didn't follow the news.

There's only one institution, a fraud school in Virginia, that got closed, and that was a couple of months back.

That institution wasn't accredited for 5 years, and the state forced it to close.

Anybody who had signed up with an unaccredited diploma mill is in trouble, regardless of this particular closure.

And no real university does transfers within a couple of days, so the new institution is likely a similar fraud.

People really need to stop trying to cheat. People really need to stop wasting their money with these frauds.

It will always come back to bite.

It seems people have already forgotten the TVU case. It seems people are again ready to get ankle bracelets, and to get deported.

• 2 weeks later...

JOEF: Some of the people i unfortunately know have joined NEW FRAUD schools in VA area

Yes, there are more fraud schools. And even the one that got closed in Virginia moved to another state... The fraudsters want to fleece more people.

I really have no sympathy anymore with people who sign up for these frauds. They want to kill their career, they want to lose all their money, they want to lose their future.

The OP will never get a job in the US, the OP will never get an H1, the OP will never get a GC.

They did this all to themselves, by signing up with these frauds.

Archived