Hoax Call for deportation

saurabh.srivastava

Today I received a possible hoax call from +911 and person on other end mentioned he is a US Marshall and there is a legal case opened against me since I did not fill some section in I-94 while entry into US. 

He kept on asking for my home address to send the police officer and said I would be in custody for 15 days and then deported. 

I did not give any details and asked him to talk to my company and attorney - he dropped off at that point.

If anyone else receives such call please do not divulge any details and if someone has also received this call share your details.

More important than posting a warning on an immigration forum, you should report this case -- crime -- to your local police department and the U.S. Marshall's office immediately, and even ICE (let each know that your have contacted the others for coordination).  Impersonation of a law enforcement official is not just fraudulent, but a serious crime.

• 6 months later...

I would like to share a recent ongoing scam that is being targeted at Indian immigrants in USA to which I have fallen a victim of. To my astonishment all USA government websites including USCIS is hacked which I learnt the hard way. I also got to know that 911 and USCIS phone number is also spoofed.

Summary of the incident

Received Scam Phone call number: 911 (Emergency number) Other Scam Phone call number: 1 800 375 5283

On Thursday 19th June 2014 10:20 AM. I received a call yesterday from 911 saying that my Alien Registration number is missing and I might be trying to hide information from the government. He introduced himself as Sargent from Washington DC with American said that he represents state police and asked me to reach home from work without informing my employer. He said that my employer might try to cover up the case and that will put me into bigger trouble.

He asked me to disconnect all electronic device in the house as I am under surveillance.

The phone was transferred to an immigration officer who introduced himself as David Parks (extn: 0079).  He read out my passport number, the OMB control number in my I94 (this is the first time I noticed that number). He also mentioned that my Alien Registration number is missing and there is deportation case filed against me.

Then the call was transferred to the deportation cell and he mentioned that there is an arrest warrant in my name. I will be arrested for 48 hrs till India high commission does a criminal background verification in India and then I will be deported to India and will be arrested there. All my educational and professional certificates will be ceased and won’t be able to enter US ever. He knew about the bank accounts I had and my Auto loan. Then he asked me to record an apology message and say that this might be a human error from my side. He sent that message to Judy Brad’s office and said that an conditional approval is received. He either asked me to leave for India in 4 hrs or pay half the amount of my car loan to the government as security as the loan is a liability I have in USA.

It was already 3 PM then when I agreed to go back to India and handle the case from there, but they said that if I pay $6000 now then on Monday when criminal verification is done I can get back the money.

Every time I wanted to talk to my manager he did not allow me to talk and kept my on the phone continuously for 8 hrs.

He asked me to send that money using 12 Reloadit cards of $500 each. He asked me to read the Scratch card numbers to generate an Alien registration number and close the tickets

He had all my information like I-94, SSN number, Passport number, US residence details, USA entry date and India Residence address.

Later, I came to know from my colleague. I am cheated by this blood sucking fraud people. Later, I filed a Case. The harassment of 8 hrs was so severe and the information was so correct that it was very difficult to analyse the condition.

I ahve filed a police complaint already. Please let me know if there is a way my money could be recovered.

Archived