Please help 2nd rejection for visitor visa for widow mother

sjoy

Hi,

I have applied for visitor visa of my Mother twice. Both the times, I had a letter from my university for convocation invitation. However counselor have rejected her visa and told to reapply.
My father passed away few years back, and my mother is not comfortable with english language so we arranged visa interview in the regional language. She has some hearing problems also. I have elder sister in India, she derived a baby last year.
My mom receives pension and she has quite descent property (bank balance, house, mutual funds...).

On the second interview my mom mentioned my sister and her baby, and said that she has to return to take care of child. However, counselor questioned her that if your daughter (me) still haven't finished her PhD. It is quite odd.

This time I am thinking of applying for her visa in a group with my aunt and uncle, is it a good idea? Does it improve her chances, what precautionary step I should take.

I am married and my husband have completed 2 years in service while as, I have just started, should we show that we are sponsoring trip to my mother as well as uncle and aunt?
I can get letter easily from my university for convocation invitation but counselor may not believe this time, What should be the reason this time then?

Any suggestions are highly appreciated.

Thanks

I suspect she was rejected for 214b since your father is deceased.

By the way, international students place far too great an emphasis on graduation ceremony, IMO. Get extra copies of program and professional picture; it is a better memory. (My children and children in law have had 13 ceremonies and have been able to attend only 8 due to work commitments, and only 3 of those attended were for graduate degrees.) Undergraduate degree is generally attended since employment has not yet started.  (It is hard to move 2 cars, baby, and dogs from CA to New England in 5 days for a required program start date when the commencement is in the middle of the 5 days; it would be an impossible project in 2. Do you see why many USCs cannot have the luxury of attending a ceremony in which they are a participant for 1 or 2 minutes.)

It is better that she not be desperate for visa so she will have a better chance inthe future.

I suspect she was rejected for 214b since your father is deceased.

By the way, international students place far too great an emphasis on graduation ceremony, IMO. Get extra copies of program and professional picture; it is a better memory. (My children and children in law have had 13 ceremonies and have been able to attend only 8 due to work commitments, and only 3 of those attended were for graduate degrees.) Undergraduate degree is generally attended since employment has not yet started.  (It is hard to move 2 cars, baby, and dogs from CA to New England in 5 days for a required program start date when the commencement is in the middle of the 5 days; it would be an impossible project in 2. Do you see why many USCs cannot have the luxury of attending a ceremony in which they are a participant for 1 or 2 minutes.)

It is better that she not be desperate for visa so she will have a better chance inthe future.

Thanks for the suggestion, I do agree, that it is not easy to attend each and every ceremony. However my mother is alone and she wanted to meet me and see my progress, she would be really happy if she gets once chance to come to USA.

I really want to invite her as it was her desire which encourage me to pursue higher studies in USA.

I just wanted to know if there any disadvantage filling her visa in group with my uncle and aunt?

Archived