H1B Approved and Want to Convert into H4.

Vkohli

Hello Members,

I need advice on how best I can deal with my current situation:

Situation:

My Fiance and I have on H1B status and  H1B petition was approved . Currently we are working in USA. As there are some management issues with her current job, She has to quit her current job. Because of that reason, We are planning to marry in the next month and planning to convert her  H1B Visa into H4 visa.

Question:

1. What kind of documents required for her  H1B to H4 transfer process?

2. How long usually take to transfer H1B to H4?

3. When is the right time for her to quit her current  Job? Can she resign with her current job during H4 application in process (after she got a receipt number) or should she need to wait for her H4 approval?

4.  Is there any problem for H4 Visa stamping in the future if we are planning to visit India

I would  truly appreciate your help in advance.

Thanks!

Hello Members,

I need advice on how best I can deal with my current situation:

Situation:

My Fiance and I have on H1B status and  H1B petition was approved . Currently we are working in USA. As there are some management issues with her current job, She has to quit her current job. Because of that reason, We are planning to marry in the next month and planning to convert her  H1B Visa into H4 visa.

Question:

1. What kind of documents required for her  H1B to H4 transfer process?

2. How long usually take to transfer H1B to H4?

3. When is the right time for her to quit her current  Job? Can she resign with her current job during H4 application in process (after she got a receipt number) or should she need to wait for her H4 approval?

4.  Is there any problem for H4 Visa stamping in the future if we are planning to visit India

I would  truly appreciate your help in advance.

Thanks!

1. Form I539, her H1B documents, latest pay stubs, your H1B documents, latest pay stubs and marriage certificate.

2. Current processing time more than 4.5 months.

3. She can quit immediately after getting receipt notice from USCIS.

4. Nope.

Archived