Please help with UK transit visa (family death)

Rajachan

Hi,

I was not aware to DATV for travelling to UK airport. I was denied to check-in at SFO airport yesterday because my US visa expired and they wont take my 797-A as proof. They said I have to get UK transit visa in order to travel via this flight. I was able to reschedule the flight however I am not sure how long it takes to get UK transit VISA.

(1) Anyone has recent experience getting UK transit visa recently FROM san franciscto ?

(2) How long it takes ?

(3) Do I have to get biomatrics scan via USCIS ?

Thanks in advance guys,

Raja

Hi,

I was not aware to DATV for travelling to UK airport. I was denied to check-in at SFO airport yesterday because my US visa expired and they wont take my 797-A as proof. They said I have to get UK transit visa in order to travel via this flight. I was able to reschedule the flight however I am not sure how long it takes to get UK transit VISA.

(1) Anyone has recent experience getting UK transit visa recently FROM san franciscto ?

(2) How long it takes ?

(3) Do I have to get biomatrics scan via USCIS ?

Thanks in advance guys,

Raja

It is not quick. As I think it is an emergency forget about it, just cancel your ticket and fly through a country where a transit visa is not required.

Archived