h1-h4-h1 time line

neeta9

1. Can one travel out of country on h1b and attend stamping in home country (eligible for Interview waiver Program Drop Box - since with same employer and already have previous stamping with the same employer and it just expired 3 months ago)?

2. If h1b stamping denied for some reason or held up can one go for h4 stamping immediately in home country?

3. Do we need to withdraw pending/Admin processing h1 case by sending an email to US consulate and then book a visa for h4 stamping (h4 also Drop box since spouse also with same company and previous stamping with same company)?

4. Assuming h1b visa denied, h4 stamping does through fine, can one come back to US on h4 and then apply for a new h1b?

5.  Since old h1 has 2 years left will it be cap exempt when filing for new h1b using old 797?

6. Will old h1b visa denial have an impact on new h1b (cap exempt) and can one start work immediately?

7. Under Visa Drop Box program all one has to submit is Passport, DS-160 and Confirmation letter. I believe no employment verification letter or pay stubs etc. unless asked to submit. Is this because one had already stamping with the same employer and it's just an extension of stamping? Or what all do they check for once we do a dropbox? Is this the same level of scrutiny as in face to face? What all does the US consulate look/check for behind the process?

Please answer my questions as I have travel plans coming up soon as based on these answers.

Thank you so much!

1. Can one travel out of country on h1b and attend stamping in home country (eligible for Interview waiver Program Drop Box - since with same employer and already have previous stamping with the same employer and it just expired 3 months ago)?

2. If h1b stamping denied for some reason or held up can one go for h4 stamping immediately in home country?

3. Do we need to withdraw pending/Admin processing h1 case by sending an email to US consulate and then book a visa for h4 stamping (h4 also Drop box since spouse also with same company and previous stamping with same company)?

4. Assuming h1b visa denied, h4 stamping does through fine, can one come back to US on h4 and then apply for a new h1b?

5.  Since old h1 has 2 years left will it be cap exempt when filing for new h1b using old 797?

6. Will old h1b visa denial have an impact on new h1b (cap exempt) and can one start work immediately?

7. Under Visa Drop Box program all one has to submit is Passport, DS-160 and Confirmation letter. I believe no employment verification letter or pay stubs etc. unless asked to submit. Is this because one had already stamping with the same employer and it's just an extension of stamping? Or what all do they check for once we do a dropbox? Is this the same level of scrutiny as in face to face? What all does the US consulate look/check for behind the process?

Please answer my questions as I have travel plans coming up soon as based on these answers.

Thank you so much!

1. Yes.

2. Yes, if spouse is on H1B.

3. Yes.

4. Yes. Employer applies for COS.

5. Cap exempt.

6. No. Can start working after approval.

7. When you go for biometrics at OFC they would gather required documents for dropbox. Carry all H1B related documents. Both dropbox and interview for visa processing are same.

Archived