Queries on DS160 form for In-Laws, plz help

pvac26

Hi All,

I am in the process of filling up the DS-160 form for my In-Laws. Can you please help me by clarifying below queries?

1). US Contact section: It has below fields,
SurName: I have given my last name
Given Name: I have given my first name
Organization: what should I enter here? Should I enter my Employer Name? And should I simply say 'Do Not Know' as my In-Laws are NOT travelling on behalf of any organization and they are just coming thru me for tourism purposes?
Relationship to you: I have selected 'Relative'
Address and Phone Number of Point of Contact: I have given my address, etc

2). Family Information: Relatives section,
for the question " Do you have any immediate relatives, not including parents, in the United States?":::: I am entering my wife name....hope, this is correct?
for the questions "Relative's Status":::: As my wife is on H4 visa, I should select Nonimmigrant, right???

3). Under section: Previous Work/Education/Training Information,
Related to the Question "Have you attended any educational institutions at a secondary level or above?"::::::: My In-Law has studied upto 10th Class. So, should I enter only 10th class details here? OR Should I enter starting from 8th class to 10th class details? I am confused here. Please help me.

Please help me by clarifying above questions.

Thanks!

Hi All,

I am in the process of filling up the DS-160 form for my In-Laws. Can you please help me by clarifying below queries?

1). US Contact section: It has below fields,

SurName: I have given my last name

Given Name: I have given my first name

Organization: what should I enter here? Should I enter my Employer Name? And should I simply say 'Do Not Know' as my In-Laws are NOT travelling on behalf of any organization and they are just coming thru me for tourism purposes?

Relationship to you: I have selected 'Relative'

Address and Phone Number of Point of Contact: I have given my address, etc

2). Family Information: Relatives section,

for the question " Do you have any immediate relatives, not including parents, in the United States?":::: I am entering my wife name....hope, this is correct?

for the questions "Relative's Status":::: As my wife is on H4 visa, I should select Nonimmigrant, right???

3). Under section: Previous Work/Education/Training Information,

Related to the Question "Have you attended any educational institutions at a secondary level or above?"::::::: My In-Law has studied upto 10th Class. So, should I enter only 10th class details here? OR Should I enter starting from 8th class to 10th class details? I am confused here. Please help me.

Please help me by clarifying above questions.

Thanks!

1. Organization: Not Applicable

2. Yes for both.

3. The question is higher secondary or above and your in-laws have completed only high school. So answer is Not Applicable.

Archived