Can I transfer Money to India while I am on Business Visa

BuinessVisa

Dear All/Murthy and Team

Can you please help me with the query below, I am currently on Business Visa where in I get my Indian Salary in India and Per Diam bases here for my expense, Now my family is in need of some money and as I have a company provided credit card for my daily expense, can I send money to india? Will there be any taxation issues in India if money is 4-5Lakhs? and also If I happen to save money here can I take money to india and convert it to INR?

Thanks and Regards

Dear All/Murthy and Team

Can you please help me with the query below, I am currently on Business Visa where in I get my Indian Salary in India and Per Diam bases here for my expense, Now my family is in need of some money and as I have a company provided credit card for my daily expense, can I send money to india? Will there be any taxation issues in India if money is 4-5Lakhs? and also If I happen to save money here can I take money to india and convert it to INR?

Thanks and Regards

Yes, you can transfer money. No issues.

If you want an opinion from an attorney, you will need to pay for it.

Why do they not have access to your India salary? You are referring to a significant sum of money; I am surprised that you would have a corporate card that would have that type of limit for a cash advance. Diverting your per diem on your credit card to cash to send back is more a question for your company's policy.

Credit card bills must be paid. As long as you pay any US taxes due, you can do whatever is legal that you want to do with your funds while in the US. Your employer should have advised you of any requirements and restrictions. Recall that wiring funds cost money which could be a significant expense to solve a short term problem.

If you do use your credit line, you may not have available credit to pay your US bills; that can create significant legal problems for you and your sponsor. For example, your hotel will likely monitor your charges and does not have to provide you a room if you do not have an available credit line for the charges.

Why do you not get a loan until you return and have time to work out your financial problems?

Archived