h4 to f1 - opt got denied after 1 year

Status0208

Hi,

I dont no whether I'm out of status or not. Below is my scenario.

I came to USA on H4 visa in September, 2009. I got admission into xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and have change of status from H4 to F1 in January 2012. I got master's degree in December 2012 and applied for OPT in November 13th 2012 and denied in November 11th 2013.

I never crossed country for stamping being F1 visa. I have few questions regarding this issue:

1. Can I apply for reinstatement of status and continue attending for Spring semester in 2014 -  I need to know chances of success and type of documents I need to provide to get approval for this.

2.I would like to know possibility of getting F1 visa stamping in Mexico / Jamaica - I need to know if I can get stamping from these locations and find out chances of success and type of documents I need for visa stamping.

My college DSO is not responding I tried reaching him several times.

Kindly let me know which option would you suggest and to follow .

Thanks in advance,

Hi,

I really don't have any idea whether I'm in status or not ? Please suggest?. My DSO stated that I'm out of status. Below are my details,

I came to USA on H4 visa in September, 2009. I got admission into International Technology University, San Jose, CA and have change of status from H4 to F1 in January 2012. I got master's degree in December 2012 and applied for OPT in November 13th 2012 and denied in November 11th 2013. My F1 visa is valid until Jan 17th 2015.

I never crossed country for stamping being F1 visa. I have few questions regarding this issue:

1. Can I apply for reinstatement of status and continue attending for Spring semester in 2014 -  I need to know chances of success and type of documents I need to provide to get approval for this.

2.I would like to know possibility of getting F1 visa stamping in Mexico / Jamaica - I need to know if I can get stamping from these locations and find out chances of success and type of documents I need for visa stamping.

Regarding reinstatement I have contacted DSO several times but he never responded.

Thanks in advance,

Hi,

I really don't have any idea whether I'm in status or not ? Please suggest?. My DSO stated that I'm out of status. Below are my details,

I came to USA on H4 visa in September, 2009. I got admission into International Technology University, San Jose, CA and have change of status from H4 to F1 in January 2012. I got master's degree in December 2012 and applied for OPT in November 13th 2012 and denied in November 11th 2013. My F1 visa is valid until Jan 17th 2015.

Regarding reinstatement I have contacted DSO several times but he never responded.

Thanks in advance,

1. You have graduated in Dec 2012. Reason for OPT denial? Talk to an attorney immediately.

2. You cannot go to Mexico for stamping in any visa for first time. They allow only renewals. 

You should talk to DSO about what to do further. try to meet him personally?. for now you are out of status and looks like your option is to get admitted to school again. (not necessarily ***) . 

You can try stamping in Canada but not mexico. (why would you want stamping if you are not travelling? anyways). Check how many courses you had taken during your last semester? (reduced course load?) i.e. if you had taken 3 or 6 credits during your last semester because that is left for your completion of degree, then that must be the reason for denial. RCL must be updated while you file for OPT. also check if you had exceeded CPT duration more than 364 days. There must be some reason for denial right? first find out what it is and then try to resolve it. 

You should talk to DSO about what to do further. try to meet him personally?. for now you are out of status and looks like your option is to get admitted to school again. (not necessarily ***) . 

You can try stamping in Canada but not mexico. (why would you want stamping if you are not travelling? anyways). Check how many courses you had taken during your last semester? (reduced course load?) i.e. if you had taken 3 or 6 credits during your last semester because that is left for your completion of degree, then that must be the reason for denial. RCL must be updated while you file for OPT. also check if you had exceeded CPT duration more than 364 days. There must be some reason for denial right? first find out what it is and then try to resolve it. 

That's a fake university. Most people there abused the F1 by being somewhere else and doing illegal online "studies."

Anybody who actually is on the campus could of course schedule a face-to-face meeting.

The OP apparently is not on campus, i.e., the OP is doing some illegal stuff.

That's a fake university. Most people there abused the F1 by being somewhere else and doing illegal online "studies."

Anybody who actually is on the campus could of course schedule a face-to-face meeting.

The OP apparently is not on campus, i.e., the OP is doing some illegal stuff.

Fake University is given WASC accreditation? interesting..http://***.edu/index.php/about-***/press/***-gains-accreditation-to-bring-silicon-valley-to-the-world/  There is no " ILLEGAL online study at ***" for sure.students have to attend classes in person and take exams on campus.75% attendance is mandatory for all *** students.They attend their classes according to the schedule.  http://***.edu/index.php/schedule/fall-2013-class-schedule/

I am third semester student at *** and I don't see any illegal stuff going on. I don't know about any official evidence that proves *** illegal . would appreciate if you share any evidence that states *** illegal. 

Fake University is given WASC accreditation? interesting..http://***.edu/index.php/about-***/press/***-gains-accreditation-to-bring-silicon-valley-to-the-world/  There is no " ILLEGAL online study at ***" for sure.students have to attend classes in person and take exams on campus.75% attendance is mandatory for all *** students.They attend their classes according to the schedule.  http://***.edu/index.php/schedule/fall-2013-class-schedule/

I am third semester student at *** and I don't see any illegal stuff going on. I don't know about any official evidence that proves *** illegal . would appreciate if you share any evidence that states *** illegal. 

This school was recently ( Feb 2013) accredited. Before that it was non accedrited I guess, since it has no info about their accreditation.

http://forum.murthy.com/index.php?/topic/1067-i140-stage-eb2-category-rfe-on-university-accreditation/

Oh, and the statement was: "My college DSO is not responding I tried reaching him several times."

That clearly shows that the person is NOT on campus.

Ergo, *** still violates the law by letting people study online.

If the person were on campus, he/she could just show up at the DSO office.

So, that post proves that *** is a FRAUD! It proves that *** is lying when they say they require physical attendance.

I suggest you get out of there, before they get raided. They are clearly breaking the law!

Archived