URGENT--Please Reply -- Lost Passport with H1B Stamp

Employee99

Hi All

My Friend recently got his H1B Stamping in Hyderabad. He was about to travel to US and wile going to airport he met with accident and he lost his passport.

Could anyone of you please explain how to get the passport and Visa stamping done so that we can start the process meanwhile his health recovers.

Please help. Thanks in Advance!

Thanks.

Hi All

My Friend recently got his H1B Stamping in Hyderabad. He was about to travel to US and wile going to airport he met with accident and he lost his passport.

Could anyone of you please explain how to get the passport and Visa stamping done so that we can start the process meanwhile his health recovers.

Please help. Thanks in Advance!

Thanks.

He has to file a police report. Then apply for a passport and later visa and travel to US.

1. First of all, file the police report that passport / visa are lost. Get the police file no. You will need this to apply to a new passport at Indian Consulate.

2. Contact US embassy or consulate that issued US visa i.e. hyderabad. Provide passport no, name, contact, visa no etc.

3. Apply for a new passport at Indian Consulate.

4. Once he could travel to India, he would need to re-apply for a new visa all over again.

I hope he has all copies of all pages of lost passport, visa etc.

Archived