extension of visitor visa- Qs

omnags

Hi, 

I am looking to extend my parents visitor visa. Her current visa is till mild Jan.  I am planning to apply for 6 more months of extension. Please answer some queries. thanks

1. cover letter to explaining the reason to extend stay- Should it be written & addressed by me or by my parents. Should I say that I am apply for extension of the visa of my parents or should my parents write that he/she is applying for extension ?

2. Return fare ticket- should I provide return ticket for mid Jan ( current I 94 expiration) or should I provide a return ticket of later month showing her intent to return after staying for 6 extra months. 

3. financial support- should I show the finance/property details of my parents or should I give my bank statement since I am sponsoring her stay. 

thanks

Om 

Hi, 

I am looking to extend my parents visitor visa. Her current visa is till mild Jan.  I am planning to apply for 6 more months of extension. Please answer some queries. thanks

1. cover letter to explaining the reason to extend stay- Should it be written & addressed by me or by my parents. Should I say that I am apply for extension of the visa of my parents or should my parents write that he/she is applying for extension ?

2. Return fare ticket- should I provide return ticket for mid Jan ( current I 94 expiration) or should I provide a return ticket of later month showing her intent to return after staying for 6 extra months. 

3. financial support- should I show the finance/property details of my parents or should I give my bank statement since I am sponsoring her stay. 

thanks

Om 

1. Your parents.

2. Current and future return fare ticket.

I believe you know that if your parents travel back to home country after extension denial their visa gets canceled. And, for any future travel they have to apply for a new visa.

"What are a few reasons which have led to approval of visa extension in the recent past." What difference does it make?  This question makes it appear that you and your family intends to LIE to obtain an extension.

The TRUTH is your answer.  What was the reason for someone else's approval has no effect on your family's application.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't see any valid reason for extension. I know many people who bring their parents and make them babysit. I know some even are working at gas stations. I'm not saying you are one among them. If you have a genuine reason, apply for yourself and see whether luck favors you or not. Dear moderators, please post this. I don't mean anything offensive but truthful. Is Truth so bitter to post?

Archived