Other source of Income on H1B..Any Issues with that or its OK

amulmurthy

Hi,

I am on H1B visa with Company X. Is it legal to have other source of Income on H1B. When i say other source of Income that means Income from being Individual seller on Market Places. For E.g. selling books on ebay or amazon. Also Wanted to know if it is ok if my income from selling books is more than my actual Salary from Company X. I will report the salary from the Company as well as from my income from market places to IRS.

So will this effect my H1B extensions in future...Also will affect my current GC which is under process.

Replies on this will be really appreciated.

Hi,

I am on H1B visa with Company X. Is it legal to have other source of Income on H1B. When i say other source of Income that means Income from being Individual seller on Market Places. For E.g. selling books on ebay or amazon. Also Wanted to know if it is ok if my income from selling books is more than my actual Salary from Company X. I will report the salary from the Company as well as from my income from market places to IRS.

So will this effect my H1B extensions in future...Also will affect my current GC which is under process.

Looks like you are running a small retail business online. If it is so it is illegal to do that when you are on H1B. 

Hi,

Casual selling, e.g., selling of your used books, is allowed.

Making it a business, e.g., selling new books, or buying books and immediately selling them again is NOT allowed on H1.

Archived