H4 I-94 Pls suggest

SRIKANTH19826

hi,

My husband came to US on L1 Aug 2010 and i came on L2 Visa (I-94 validity was March 2013) . 

He applied H1 that was effective from OCT 2012 and at the same time my COS to H4 was approved. He received new I-94 attached to I-797. But i received only I-797C original from USCIS (which doesn't has any I-94 attached obvious since its courtesy copy).

My concern is 

1) Do i or husbands employer or attorney would get any I-797A for my H4 from USCIS. Employer says he hasn't received any H4 approval notice from USCIS ? any idea why is it so?

2) Next month am planning to go to india for stamping and if i don't have I-797A for H4 will that be an issue ? or I-797C for H4 would be sufficient for my H4 stamping.

Experts pls suggest.

appreciate your help.

hi,

My husband came to US on L1 Aug 2010 and i came on L2 Visa (I-94 validity was March 2013) . 
He applied H1 that was effective from OCT 2012 and at the same time my COS to H4 was approved. He received new I-94 attached to I-797. But i received only I-797C original from USCIS (which doesn't has any I-94 attached obvious since its courtesy copy).

My concern is 

1) Do i or husbands employer or attorney would get any I-797A for my H4 from USCIS. Employer says he hasn't received any H4 approval notice from USCIS ? any idea why is it so?

2) Next month am planning to go to india for stamping and if i don't have I-797A for H4 will that be an issue ? or I-797C for H4 would be sufficient for my H4 stamping.

Experts pls suggest.

appreciate your help.

For stamping you would need a copy of your husband's I797 approval notice.

Archived