Need for DATV for UK, layover is 1hr45min

manmeet14

Hey All

I am travelling to India from US on Dec 31,with layover at London Heathrow for 1hr 45 min. I am on J2 visa with valid EAD till June 30,2014. My legal document and EAD is valid till June 30,2014, but my current visa stamp expired on July 31,2013. I will get another stamp while/if I am in India.

As adviced, I applied for the DATV for UK, but it was "rejected" with reason given as "I donot qualify for that visa". I already have my air tickets booked and do not know how to proceed from here. Do I need to apply for visa again? My air ticket does not allow me to cancel/re-schedule my air ticket. Would really appreciate if someone can help me with this scenario. I have tried to call the embassy, and send emails, but so far no definitive answers. Would appreciate any information.

Thanks.

Hey All

I am travelling to India from US on Dec 31,with layover at London Heathrow for 1hr 45 min. I am on J2 visa with valid EAD till June 30,2014. My legal document and EAD is valid till June 30,2014, but my current visa stamp expired on July 31,2013. I will get another stamp while/if I am in India.

As adviced, I applied for the DATV for UK, but it was "rejected" with reason given as "I donot qualify for that visa". I already have my air tickets booked and do not know how to proceed from here. Do I need to apply for visa again? My air ticket does not allow me to cancel/re-schedule my air ticket. Would really appreciate if someone can help me with this scenario. I have tried to call the embassy, and send emails, but so far no definitive answers. Would appreciate any information.

Thanks.

You do not need a transit visa as you fulfill the following requirement.

a valid airline ticket for travel via the UK as part of a journey from Australia, Canada, New Zealand or the USA, if you are transiting the UK no more than 6 months after the date when you last entered Australia, Canada, New Zealand or the USA with a valid entry visa for that country;

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/transitthroughtheuk/visa-transit-airside/

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Archived