Different employers in OPT & H1B

soulraider

Hello Guys,

I have H1B Visa interview on Dec 09th, Calgary-CA.

I worked under EVC criteria. Initially I worked for Company 1 in OPT for Employer Identification Number,  then I moved to Company 2 which holds my current H1 \, These two companies are under same Group/Firm with different names.

When I was in Company 1 I joined this Client after working six months, My H1B got filed by company 2 under same client. I am working under company 2 from past 1 year, Is this a problem?

Can any one let me know what kind of questions I may encounter from VO.  

I am worried about Why you switched employer kind of question.

I know most people will say better company/opportunity some thing like that. Can any one suggest on this. 

Thanks!!!!!

Hello Guys,

I have H1B Visa interview on Dec 09th, Calgary-CA.

I worked under EVC criteria. Initially I worked for Company 1 in OPT for Employer Identification Number,  then I moved to Company 2 which holds my current H1 \, These two companies are under same Group/Firm with different names.

When I was in Company 1 I joined this Client after working six months, My H1B got filed by company 2 under same client. I am working under company 2 from past 1 year, Is this a problem?

Can any one let me know what kind of questions I may encounter from VO.  

I am worried about Why you switched employer kind of question.

I know most people will say better company/opportunity some thing like that. Can any one suggest on this. 

Thanks!!!!!

Your LCA should match the employer name ( Petitioner ) 

If you have your company 2 as your petitioner in LCA and client name. You are good. It doesn't matter how many employees you changed during your OPT. If they ask  You can answer them  like better opportunity etc. Etc. .. 

Just make sure your LCA is matching with your current employer and client and client location. And make sure whatever the letters you are getting from the client or prime vendors ( should mention your Employer name ) 

Don't worry. If you have proper documentation and all the required letters, you are good. 

All the best for your visa. 

Thanks Guys.... This helps a 

Your LCA should match the employer name ( Petitioner ) 

If you have your company 2 as your petitioner in LCA and client name. You are good. It doesn't matter how many employees you changed during your OPT. If they ask  You can answer them  like better opportunity etc. Etc. .. 

Just make sure your LCA is matching with your current employer and client and client location. And make sure whatever the letters you are getting from the client or prime vendors ( should mention your Employer name ) 

Don't worry. If you have proper documentation and all the required letters, you are good. 

All the best for your visa. 

Thanks!!!! I got my Employer name included in client letter and Vendor letter too.... 

lot...

Archived