forgot to handover i94 while departing

rani357

Hello rani357, this is interesting. At least you forgot to handover, please read my interesting experience at Newark in Feb-2013.

I was flying Air India from Newark to Mumbai to Ahmedabad. I approached the ticket counter and gave the I-94, she said I don't need to hand over I-94 as it has " Multiple entries" written on it (little update - I entered US in Feb-2013 from Toronto, Canada after successfully clearing 221-g in Jan-2013 and stamping H-1b. At Niagara Falls, I was given printed I-94 with "Multiple entries" printed at the bottom). Due to overweight cabin bag, I was sent to reshuffle my bags to bring down the wt. Then I went to another counter. The Indian lady there told the same that they are told not to collect such I-94. Then I went to the boarding gate. I asked few Indians, they told me to hand over I-94. One was very helpful, he searched right away on the cell phone, but we could not find answer to my situation. At the boarding gate, I agan tried to hand over and I was asked to wait to to the supervisor. He said don't worry, go ahead and fly.

Well, on the top of that, I sent an email to CBP about this incidence, they confirmed not to worry. I was still worried.

I came back to US in Apr-2014. And the CBP officer just took out old I-94 and gave me the stamp. After few days, I went online and printed online I-94.

Interesting things happen.

Archived