I797 hardcopy

Anupsk

Hi Friends,

I have to travel to India on Dec 3. My H1B is approved yesterday (Nov 18). The Status is in "Decision"

Seems like USCIS have still not posted my I797 hardcopy. How much time will they take usually ?

If I dont receive I797 by Dec 3, is there any other alternative way with which I can travel India ?

Is there any way I can expedite the posting of I797 ?

Please suggest. Thanks

Hi Friends,

I have to travel to India on Dec 3. My H1B is approved yesterday (Nov 18). The Status is in "Decision"

Seems like USCIS have still not posted my I797 hardcopy. How much time will they take usually ?

If I dont receive I797 by Dec 3, is there any other alternative way with which I can travel India ?

Is there any way I can expedite the posting of I797 ?

Please suggest. Thanks

You do not need I797 to leave US but to enter. Once your employer/attorney receives it ask them to FedEx to your address in home country.

Thanks Jairichi. But my concern is that I will be returning back from india in a week. If I dont get the document, I will have to wait in India till i get that, right ?

And also how long usually does it take for USCIS to post once it is approved ?

Yes, you need it to travel back to US. Normally your employer/attorney would get it in a week to 10 days.

Archived