Attended interview got White slip...

Java

Today (19 Nov) I attended Visa Interview( Toronto ) and got White slip ( VO said we need more time to review your documents and said it will take 1-2 weeks ) when I checked the status online it said admistrative process.. 

White slip given by VO just gives the information to check your status online and nothing much... 

Does anybody has any idea how much time will this take... ?

Is it  221 g  ... ?  

Any replies are appreciated..

Thanks

Hello, 

I too had appointment on same day at same place and got Green Slip and the VO said same thing that it might take 1-2 weeks. Where can we check online about our status? It is 221g form. 

Did you submit any further documents to the Consulate? Please let me know. 

Thanks. 

I am a full-time employee(that is the reason I came to stamping and I have everything documented perfectly)  and they didn't ask me any documents through out my interview. The only thing they kept on saying is that I shouldn't come to a foreign land for stamping and I should have gone to my hometown. 

My Interview went like this:

1) What is the reason for you to come to Canada? We prefer people going to hometown instead of coming to a foreign country. 

2) What is job title ?

3) Job description? 

4) The VO said we are giving you 221g green slip (asking to submit resume/cv/research/funding information .), for further processing, and said that is the reason we prefer people to go to home town for stamping instead of coming to foreign land. The VO said it might take 3-4 weeks for the process. 

I submitted my documents on the same day (Nov 19th) and Got an email saying they would update me as soon as they get further information on my case. When I checked my status online it says, "Administrative Processing"

Any one on the same page, could please reply to this post or give any suggestions. Thanks. 

@JAVA :

Did they ask you to submit any documents? Did you get any update on ur case? Thanks., 

I am a full-time employee(that is the reason I came to stamping and I have everything documented perfectly)  and they didn't ask me any documents through out my interview. The only thing they kept on saying is that I shouldn't come to a foreign land for stamping and I should have gone to my hometown. 

1) What is the reason for you to come to Canada? We prefer people going to hometown instead of coming to a foreign country. 

2) What is job title ?

3) Job description? 

4) The VO said we are giving you 221g green slip (asking to submit resume/cv/research/funding information .), for further processing, and said that is the reason we prefer people to go to home town for stamping instead of coming to foreign land. The VO said it might take 3-4 weeks for the process. 

I submitted my documents on the same day (Nov 19th) and Got an email saying they would update me as soon as they get further information on my case. When I checked my status online it says, "Administrative Processing"

Any one on the same page, could please reply to this post or give any suggestions. Thanks. 

@JAVA :

Did they ask you to submit any documents? Did you get any update on ur case? Thanks., 

Hi @Sai96:

I am in the same situation, had my interview on 5th of NOV& now I'm stuck here now with 221G

Coming here is a big mistake, I have done - but, now I can't blame anyone.

(VO told me the same).

NOTE: Folks, please add your info into "checkee" - for easy tracking (look my post @ Posted 10 November 2013 - 12:54 PM) - http://forum.murthy....221gs/?p=258622 (look at this form, you will find more cases)

Hello, 

I too had appointment on same day at same place and got Green Slip and the VO said same thing that it might take 1-2 weeks. Where can we check online about our status? It is 221g form. 

Did you submit any further documents to the Consulate? Please let me know. 

Thanks. 

2) What is job title ?

3) Job description? 

@JAVA :

@ Sai96  ...

Below are the question VO asked me...

Which field in MS ?

Who is your client.. ?

how big is you emplyer ( number of employees) ?

why did you come to canada ?

VO looked @ only W2 & paystubs... 

and handed me a white slip saying we need time to review your documents..and will take 1-2 weeks..

White slip has info to track the visa status online and nothing much (VO didnot tell me to submit anything... )

I saw mixed reviews with respect to Visa interviews in Canada.

A lot of them get approvals in Calgary and Vancouver but i have seen Toronto and Ottawa issuing 221G's a lot.

Getting a Visa is just based out of luck. You may have perfect documentation and still be given 221G or the VO will not even check any document and just approve it.

@Wishmaster

My Master's was course based degree and I don't fall under TAL. 

I don't want to scare you but my advice would be going to India(if you are Full-time Employee and have good documentation) as there wouldn't be the question; Why came to foreign land? 

@MurthyH1B:

I'm sorry that you got struck here. Did you too get Green Slip? Are you a Full-time Employee? Did you get any further updates from US consulate? Reading few other posts who got 221G (Green Slip) got updates and it took maximum of 50days to get their VISA. I don't know how long it is going to take for each individual? Hoping for the best!! 

Could you please let me know if you here anything from them. Thanks. 

@JAVA:

What does white slip mean? What is written on it? Are you a Full-time Employee? So how are you managing in Toronto? 

@Wishmaster

My Master's was course based degree and I don't fall under TAL. 

I don't want to scare you but my advice would be going to India(if you are Full-time Employee and have good documentation) as there wouldn't be the question; Why came to foreign land? 

@MurthyH1B:

I'm sorry that you got struck here. Did you too get Green Slip? Are you a Full-time Employee? Did you get any further updates from US consulate? Reading few other posts who got 221G (Green Slip) got updates and it took maximum of 50days to get their VISA. I don't know how long it is going to take for each individual? Hoping for the best!! 

Could you please let me know if you here anything from them. Thanks. 

@JAVA:

What does white slip mean? What is written on it? Are you a Full-time Employee? So how are you managing in Toronto? 

@Sai96: Yes, I do got the green slip requesting CV, publications & source of funding. Yes, I'm a Full-time. No updates as of today.

I submitted my CV & two published papers on the same day of my interview through email. Everyone are getting clearance emails, but there is no specific time. Today is the 17th day for me.

@Wishmaster: My valuable suggestion to you is, don't come to Toronto. If you have an option to change the consulate, do it.

@All: It's not a good practice to come to third country to do your stamping, that what I learned (If you don't care, then take the chances)

NOTE: Folks, please add your info into "checkee" - for easy tracking (look my post @ Posted 10 November 2013 - 12:54 PM) - http://forum.murthy....221gs/?p=258622 (look at this form, you will find more cases)

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

Archived