H1B Expired!! Initiate L1B?

Pamy

I had been in US for a total of 2 years and 7 months in H1B (with a break of 8 months in between, i.e., 1 yr and 4 months in US, back to India for 8 months and again in US for 1 year and 3 months ). I came back to India 18 months back and my H1B is expired now. Am I now eligible to apply for L1B visa to travel back to USA?

Prompt Responses would be much help. Thanks in advance.

I had been in US for a total of 2 years and 7 months in H1B (with a break of 8 months in between, i.e., 1 yr and 4 months in US, back to India for 8 months and again in US for 1 year and 3 months ). I came back to India 18 months back and my H1B is expired now. Am I now eligible to apply for L1B visa to travel back to USA?

Prompt Responses would be much help. Thanks in advance.

You are still eligible for reminder years on H1B.

Thank You jairichi and itsmeusa!!

@jairichi

am looking for L1 visa, so that my spouse can also work there.

So, how long can I stay in US, if I travel now? the entire duration allowed for L1B visa( 5 years) or the reminder of years not spent in US (i.e., 5 yrs - 2yrs7mons)?

Thank You jairichi and itsmeusa!!

@jairichi

am looking for L1 visa, so that my spouse can also work there.

So, how long can I stay in US, if I travel now? the entire duration allowed for L1B visa( 5 years) or the reminder of years not spent in US (i.e., 5 yrs - 2yrs7mons)?

It depends on the job responsibility and your employer qualifying to file a L1 petition. Check USCIS website for requirements both for employer and employee.

I believe you would be able to get full 5 years as your L1B petition will be filed more than 365 days after staying outside US.

Archived